Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day Off???

We may have President's Day off work, but not off from the workouts. We had to play with the new schedule for a few weeks until we finally found a steady time to get our workouts in. If we can start between 5 and 5:30 we still have enough energy left, the girls can still play outside, and we have enough time to get in a full workout. Even though we had the day off and could have workout out early, we decided to stay on schedule and we headed out around 5:00 this evening.

Clark decided to do a new Maxwell workout that he found.

100 Rope Sprints with a heavy (weighted) rope
10 Hindu Pushups
20 KB Hammer Swings (10 on each side done with a 36# KB with a towel looped through the handle)
10 Cossak Lunges (5 on each leg with two 36# KBs cleaned)

10 Rounds...no rest between rounds...your lunges are a working rest.


I did a workout that Clark has done many times but I did for the first time today.

12 Front Squats (two 36# KBs cleaned)
40 meter bear crawl (with two 25# KBs)
40 meter rock carry (with the 18 # slam ball)

5 rounds with no rest between rounds

When I finished, Clark was still going so I ended up playing popcorn with the girls on the trampoline for about 15 minutes. Let me tell you, all that jumping after the workout had my legs burning, lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that sounds like a great workout!!! P.S. Love your picture!!! I linked to your blog...hope that is okay?
Tammy (FXMomto3)