Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Making It Work

Have you ever had one of those days when you just don't know how to fit a workout in? Have you felt like everything was going against you and you just couldn't find time to fit in a full workout? That is how my day was. I overslept. The phone was ringing off the hook. My girls were in one of "those" moods. I had 100 things on my to-do list. I had NO idea how to fit a workout in, but I KNEW I had to or else I was going to beat myself up over it.

I ended up doing a complete body weight workout because I didn't have time to do a set up for a full kettlebell or equipment based workout. I gave my oldest her assignments (I homeschool for those of you who don't know) and put my youngest up on my bed and got her some Barbies to play with. In my bedroom, I did the following workout:

This may not be the exact workout because I can't find my book, but it is what I remember from the Fab Five workout in EddieBaran's book BodySculptingBodyweightExercisesforWomen.

75 Hindu Squats
25 Hindu Pushups
25 V-Ups
2 minute plank hold
1 minute gymnastics bridge.

I did it for 2 rounds which took about 15 minutes. Then this evening when things started to wind down, I repeated the workout for 2 more rounds. It defintely wasn't as demanding as some of the other workouts I do, but it got my heart going and kept me moving. It was defintely better than doing nothing!

Clark was also having one of "those" days today! He didn't know how he was going to get a workout in, but he was determined to. So, when he left to turn in some job applications (for those of you who don't know, he just graduated from fire academy) he took some workout clothes with him. While he was out, he happened to be near the fire academy and he stopped by to use their gym to get a quick workout in. Here is what he did:

300 Heavier (from GymJones )
25 Pullups
50 Deadlifts at 185
50 Pushups
50 Floor Wipers at 145
50 Plyo Jumps
50 Clean and Press at 40 lbs each hand
25 pullups

then just to top it off for a little more challenge:

More than 200 (from GymJones )
25 Plyo Jumps
25 Thrusters at 2 X 30 lbs
25 Knees to Elbows
25 Pushups

for 3 rounds

No comments: