Monday, December 15, 2008

Coach Lit a Fire Under Me

Hello Everyone! I hope this latest entry finds you all doing very well. This entry is going to be brief, and not really have anything to do with training, per se. I hate for our first post in a while to be like that, but hey, it happens sometimes.

I'm writing today, mainly to say that CoachMaxwell has gone and done what all great coaches do: He lit a fire under us. He went and linked us on his blog, and now we have A LOT more people reading what we're putting out there. This is just what we needed to get us moving again, since that wonderful thing called life has been happening to u s the last few weeks. I just graduated Fire Academy, but since the application and hiring process takes quite a while, I had to get a job for money in the meantime. I wound up at UPS. Yeah. crazy schedule and I convinced myself that it was going to cut into training time, so guess what? It did. Same thing has happened to Michelle. She's going back to teaching, so her schedule has been turned on its head and she convinced herself of the same thing. Guess what? Same result.

Maybe the point of this is that if you convince yourself things are going to be a certain way, you'll find a way to make it happen.

So, again, thank you Coach. If you guys aren't checking out Coach's blog, you need to. The man is amazing, and an absolute wealth of knowledge. On a final note, if anyone out there, reading our stuff is involved in the fire service, and you're in Florida, SC, or NC....I need a job! The bottom line of all this is that as of tomorrow we're back on training and back on blogging.

No comments: