Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Early Morning Workouts

As Clark said last night, Coach lit a fire under us. We decided that there were no more excuses to be told. We had to set the alarm clocks and get up when they went off. We were up at 5:15 this morning to be outside by 5:30. I want you to all know that I absolutely LOVE working out and training. However, when the sun is still sleeping it is hard, and I mean H-A-R-D, to get excited about a workout! Clark tried to have a conversation with me and I think I may have growled something about being awake but not being social. Yeah, I am not a great morning person!

Here is what our workout at 5:30 this morning looked like:

5 Rounds
10 Hammer Swings with the clubbells (Clark did his with his 36 lbs kettlebell at the end of a towel) on each side for 20 total.

20 rocking squats/deck squats (I used my 24 lbs kettlebell and Clark used his 36 lber).

After that we did 5 rounds of hindu pushups. Because of time I had to do 10 pushups each round while Clark did 20 pushups each round.

We ended the workout with a 100 meter bear crawl on the kettlebells.

I had to get ready and head to work at that point, but Clark was mad enough to do a little more!

His second workout of the morning was:
3 rounds of 50 meter tire drags and 50 meters farmers carry with 70 lbs of kettlebells in each hand.

After that he did 50 pullups and 50 plyo jumps.

No comments: